Okay, so the freshwater aquarium is chugging along nicely once more. We picked up a bargain this weekend, an older-model AI Sol, for $100 off! Anyhow, hooked that up to the Apex and the fish and plants are now looking even better than before.
The saltwater tank isn't so lucky, I stripped it right down to a bare tank and I'm still getting copper readings, even after effectively draining it dry... I've got Cuprisorb in the filter, so we'll have to see how that goes, so far it looks promising, but I might need to replace the filter pads and the standard media in the filter... Well, have spare now so we'll just have to see.
We did re-arrange the saltwater setup, will grab some new piccies, and I also found (and have ordered) a new heater, the old one was 5/8" tubing, and the filter is 1/2", so we had to use weird fittings, they're all PVC fittings, but still, we could do much neater and nicer, and less leak possibilities with the 1/2" heater.
I also have the Seachem copper test kit coming in tomorrow, we'll have to see how that goes, I hope it to show an easier to read output than the API test kit.
Lastly, I've been working on my aquarium stats/notes program, so far it's looking reasonable. I have a few last things to shift from the config file to the database, and need to generate a small config modification script, once that's done, and I've had a few others test the install process to see if they can get it to work for them without me needing to prompt I'll be releasing it, probably via Sourceforge, but will figure that out when the time comes.